- Central London Office.
- £45,000 - £50,000 salary dependent on experience, plus bonus and benefits package including health insurance and pension.
- 35 hours per week (normal hours 09.30-17.30 Monday to Friday).
- 25 working days holiday per year + bank holidays + office closure at Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible working, e.g. working hours, working from home.
- Company MacBook and iPhone.
- Flexible business-casual dress code.
- Breakfast and lunch provided each day in the office.
- Option to lease company electric car with salary sacrifice.
We are looking for a commercially aware, solution-focused, Associate Director (with existing membership of the RTPI) to join our team to support the continued growth of our business.
You will be responsible for leading on and assisting with the delivery of existing projects, nurturing existing client relationships and developing new ones alongside our Directors of Planning. You will also be responsible for the mentoring and development of junior colleagues.
Your work will cover a broad range of projects and will include:
- undertaking town planning due diligence on behalf of clients at the site acquisition stage;
- reviewing draft Local Plan documents and preparing representations to Local Plan consultations;
- preparing pre-application submissions, including supporting the appointment of consultant teams, liaising with technical consultants and architects, preparing pre-application statements and arranging meetings with Councils;
- preparing planning applications, including providing the client with initial advice on which technical consultants are required and coordinating teams throughout the application process, reviewing technical documents, preparing planning statements and coordinating the submission of planning applications;
- negotiating planning applications through to decision once they have been submitted, including preparing responses to neighbours and consultee comments, advising on necessary amendments and liaising with the planning officer;
- undertaking public and political engagement as part of a pre-application or planning application process, including organising public consultation events, attending Parish Council meetings, attending meetings with local councillors and attending planning committee; and
- coordinating planning appeals, including drafting appeal statements, submitting appeals to the Planning Inspectorate and being the main point of contact with the Planning Inspectorate throughout the appeal process.
The deadline for applications is 14 May 2021.