Development Management Team Leader
£47,830 to £50,784 per annum
Hours: 36.66 per week
Based: Oldham Council, Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UH
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, a professional planner to lead the Development Management Team within Oldham Council’s Planning Service. We’re looking for a great communicator who can prioritise excellent customer service, team development and workload support, and can also work closely with elected Councillors, local communities and developers to create a better place for our residents to live and work.
- To lead, motivate and manage all staff in the Team, including, but not specifically limited to: appointment; appraisal; training and development; coaching; performance; and customer service standards
- To be responsible for the Development Management service plan, regularly evaluating progress and taking appropriate actions with accountability and responsibility for relevant KPI and local service standards.
- To be responsible for authorising spend from team budgets and assisting with the budget setting process. Monitor the budgets and advise senior management of budget issues and demonstrate value for money service delivery.
- To be responsible for good employee relations within the service(s), including effective consultation, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- To ensure the effective deployment of the workforce within the service and foster a high performance culture with continuous service improvement
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
- Experience of successful management of development management
- Ability to work within the context of multi-disciplinary teams, providing planning and development Management input, for the purposes of preparing planning briefs and the development of regeneration projects.
- Ability to manage a large and complex work load so as to ensure that agreed targets and deadlines are met.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and with colleagues in other departments at different levels of seniority.
Oldham is committed to developing a Co-operative future; one where citizens, partners and staff work together to improve the borough. Anyone joining the council is coming into an ambitious organisation with big plans. We are working hard to build a brighter future for our borough and we need people from a wide range of backgrounds to continue delivering the best for our communities.
The Council has a clear set of Values and Behaviours, our Values outline how we do business and we share these borough wide with our residents, partners and businesses. Internally we have translated these values into five cooperative behaviours which outline the priority areas of focus for all staff at all levels. You can view the Values and Behaviours on our Greater. Jobs pages.
Please note that should a vacancy that has been released for internal or external recruitment be deemed suitable for an at risk employee, it can be pulled back at any point up to the post being formally offered to an external candidate or an internal candidate that is not at risk of redundancy.
Link to apply - https://greater.jobs/search-and-apply/job-details/SM3/OL-44920/
Closing Date: Sunday 18th April 2021
Shortlisting Date: Wednesday 21st April 2021
Interview Dates: 28/29/30 April 2021