Senior Planning Officer (Development Management)
£35,745 to £39,880 per annum
Hours: 36.66 per week
Based: Oldham Council, Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UH
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, who is an experienced planner to join the management team of the Planning Service within Oldham Council. We’re looking for someone who to help ensure customer service, team development and workload prioritisation are embedded within the service, and someone who can work closely with elected Councillors, local communities and developers to create a better place for our residents to live and work.
- To supervise and process a caseload of planning and other related applications from receipt to determination, within specified timescales, including undertaking site visits; negotiating with applicants, agents and developers; and engaging and communicating with local residents, businesses and statutory consultees.
- To undertake a range of planning related tasks including the preparation of planning briefs; the production of design guidance; conservation character appraisals and the blue plaque scheme.
- To support Oldham Council’s Chief Planning Officer and provide independent planning advice to Portfolio Holders, Planning Committee and elected members and to establish and maintain their trust and confidence.
- To prepare reports for and attend as necessary: Public Local Inquiries; Parish Council Committee meetings and meetings of other bodies and agencies.
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
- Experience of managing and prioritising within a complex and demanding environment.
- Experience of working at a senior level within a planning service.
- Experience of dealing with an extensive range of planning applications to include householder, commercial, retail and listed buildings (list not exhaustive)
- Experience of presenting information at Committees, Public Meetings, Planning Inquiries and Court
Oldham is committed to developing a Co-operative future; one where citizens, partners and staff work together to improve the borough. Anyone joining the council is coming into an ambitious organisation with big plans. We are working hard to build a brighter future for our borough and we need people from a wide range of backgrounds to continue delivering the best for our communities.
The Council has a clear set of Values and Behaviours, our Values outline how we do business and we share these borough wide with our residents, partners and businesses. Internally we have translated these values into five cooperative behaviours which outline the priority areas of focus for all staff at all levels. You can view the Values and Behaviours on our Greater. Jobs pages.
Please note that should a vacancy that has been released for internal or external recruitment be deemed suitable for an at risk employee, it can be pulled back at any point up to the post being formally offered to an external candidate or an internal candidate that is not at risk of redundancy.
Link to apply - https://greater.jobs/search-and-apply/job-details/G8/OL-44917/
Closing Date: Sunday 18th April 2021
Shortlisting Date: Wednesday 21st April 2021
Interview Dates: 28/29/30 April 2021