About Hannick Homes
Hannick is a family owned property company established in 1979, with the south west of England being our main area of focus. The company has a strong track record in identifying and successfully promoting land for development. Our projects range from 5 dwellings in village locations through to 2,500 dwellings on large urban extensions. Although our focus is on residential land, we also promote land for commercial, industrial, retail and healthcare uses.
Since its establishment, the company has also built up an extensive property portfolio consisting of office, industrial, solar and residential properties. We currently have a large portfolio of sites at different stages in the planning/promotion cycle and we require additional support to progress these opportunities.
We are seeking to appoint a Planning Manager based in our Swindon office. You will be working as part of a small team reporting directly to company Directors. Your primary role will be to manage planning applications and the promotion of sites with longer term potential. You will also assist the Land Director in looking for new opportunities and over time there will be the opportunity to gain experience in the land side of our business (securing sites, disposal of sites, etc.).
We have a number of existing residential sites which will require the preparation and submission of planning applications, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to take ownership of these projects and manage them through to completion.
You will be given a significant level of autonomy over the projects you manage, with potential for future career progression within Hannick Homes.
- Hold a degree / masters planning degree and be a Full Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (or working towards it).
- Have experience in managing planning applications and site promotion and /or planning policy, either within a local authority, planning consultancy or another developer.
- Have at least 5 years’ post qualification experience and be capable of independent working.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, good initiative and be commercially minded.
- Company car/car allowance.
- Payment of annual professional institution membership fee.
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home. We are also willing to consider applicants who wish to work less than full time.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Performance related bonus.
- Negotiable depending on level of experience.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and covering email to: