PLANNER/ SENIOR PLANNER
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, flexible and hard-working person to join our growing team, to assist with an expanding workload and variety of projects in various sectors.
We are looking for a Senior Planner who ideally will:
- Have at least 3 years relevant experience within a consultancy or local authority.
- Be commercially minded.
- Have a strong academic background in both their undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
- Be able to work independently and within a team.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage a demanding workload.
- Have good interpersonal skills
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to further their career in the private sector, with exposure to a range of interesting projects and clients. The role will involve:
- Providing high level planning appraisals, including the identification of planning constraints evident.
- Research of existing and forthcoming planning policies and guidance.
- Submission and proactive management of planning applications, acting as agent.
- Undertaking site visits.
- Presenting at meetings, consultations and planning committees
- Preparation of detailed Planning Statements in support of pre-application, application submissions, and planning appeals.
- Liaising, meeting and negotiating with clients, consultants and local planning authority officers.
- Assisting senior members of the practice.
The successful candidate will be exposed to a wide range of developments, offering significant potential for learning and growth. The successful candidate will also be offered the choice of being located in our head office in James St, London (W1) or our northern office in Brewery Wharf, Leeds (LS10).
Salary: £25-40k, subject to role and relevant experience, and new client bonus scheme
New Client Bonus:7% of instruction value (£5,000 min instruction value)