The Heart of a Town Lies in its People” and at Stevenage Borough Council our people are at the heart of what we do.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within our Planning and Regulation team for a Senior Planning Officer. We are passionate about providing a high quality service to our communities, residents and businesses and this means we need to employ and retain the most talented and dedicated people. Stevenage is embarking on a period of growth following the adoption of its Local Plan with ambitious plans to regenerate the Town Centre as well as deliver significant housing on strategic sites. We are an urban authority with excellent connections to London.
We are looking for a qualified, suitably experienced and motivated senior planner to join our Development Management team. You will be responsible for carrying out the full range of development management duties, including enforcement, and will have experience of dealing with large and/or complex planning applications. You will need to demonstrate your ability to work using your own initiative, have excellent organisational and communication skills with a desire to help the delivery of high quality, sustainable development which helps to meet the aspirations of our local communities.
We value people with initiative and with the confidence and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
The position is for 37 hours per week. However, we are happy to consider alternative working arrangements. We offer a number of benefits including:-
- Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants;
- Part time and Job Share: All our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated;
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave;
- 24 days holiday rising to 30 days (depending on Local Government Service);
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Confidential advice and support on personal, family and relation issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme;
- Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport;
- Stevenage Credit Union: Secure Savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans;
- Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership if the Civil Service Sport Councils (CSSC);
- Discounted Health and Fitness membership at SLL; and
- Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact James Chettleburgh (Development Manager) on 07593 528253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack and to apply online, please visit www.stevenage.gov.uk/job-vacancies. Please quote the correct post reference number when applying.
Please note that Stevenage Borough Council cannot accept CV’s, all applications must be made on the Council’s standard application form which can be found at the above link.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 18th April 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing: 3rd May 2021.
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date.
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for all.