There has never been a more exciting time to join the high performing Planning Team at Leicestershire. The County is one of the principal producers of minerals in the country and the delivery of these raw materials and waste infrastructure will be fundamental in achieving the County’s growth agenda; an ambition to deliver over £600 million of infrastructure to support thousands of new homes and millions of square metres of employment over the next 30 years.
Your role will be varied and interesting, managing a diverse case load of planning applications; carrying out monitoring and enforcement; and policy-based work. As well as minerals and waste, there will also be the opportunity to play a significant role in the delivery of schools, roads, housing, infrastructure, business and commercial development, as the County Council invests in its own programme of building.
The County Council currently has a vacancy for a Planning Officer to undertake work associated with the minerals, waste and county planning functions of the authority. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual with good communication and negotiation skills and a high level of organisation. As the post is career graded, we are open to applications from recent graduates with a planning or related degree, to experienced planners.
The position offers excellent prospects for career development and you would be joining a friendly team in a progressive authority that is passionate about its people and would invest in your development. The County Council is supportive of flexible and remote working arrangements.
- Relevant qualification or experience
- Knowledge of the planning process
- Knowledge and interest in mineral and/or waste planning matters
- An understanding of the need to monitor sites for planning purposes
- An ability assist in the preparation of evidence for planning appeals and inquiries
- Ability and aptitude to represent the County Council at outside meetings
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage and prioritise workloads.
- Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
Please see the job description and person specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquires please contact Oliver Meek, Tel: 0116 305 7041 Email: email@example.com