Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in London in their search for a Senior Town Planner to join their Development Management team on a 3 to 6 month contract (Then rolling). Remote based with occasional site visits.
- Varied caseload consisting of minor and major applications: residential, commercial, recreation/leisure, conservation areas, listed buildings, & outline applications
- Provision of pre-application advice on prospective developments
- Committee reports and Section 106 negotiations
- Shadowing of the team leader for their strategic level cases
- Assisting and mentoring junior staff
- Managing appeals including the preparation of appeal statements
It would be beneficial although not mandatory to hold a RTPI accredited Planning Degree or equivalent Planning qualification and/or have considerable experience in a similar position; and also hold a licentiate membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (or equivalent)
Carrington West Pay Rate - £30per/hour (Negotiable DOE)
Job Ref - 25412
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.