Emergency Planning Officer – ROSS2345
My Client (Local Authority) are seeking an experienced and confident Emergency Planning Officer to join their team in these unprecedented times!
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of delivering emergency planning functions within a public sector.
Please note this role will be 100% Remote Working initially but with development of restrictions, you may be required to come into the office a few days a week.
The post is a 6 month initial contract with likely extension.
- Able to deliver plan writing, consultation, adoption, delivery of training, exercising and debriefing of plan
- Have an understanding for different sectors of emergency plans i.e. flood risks, cyber-attacks, animal health, radiological and civil contingencies
- The ideal candidate will have an Emergency Planning degree and evidence of vocational training / experience
- Able to demonstrate effective partnership working with internal and external partners through multi-agency negotiation and relationship management.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Provide training and exercising of the Council’s plans to develop the expertise of officers with an emergency response role
- To help prepare, develop and exercise corporate emergency plans, procedures and supporting documentation to the relevant emergency response
- To lead on administration functions of the Council’s Emergency Planning Service
- Work with the Emergency Planning Manager and Head of Service on delivery of targets and outcomes for EP / BC workplan.
- Coordinate the council’s Business Continuity (BC) management programme and ensure services have completed Business Impact Assessments and Business Continuity Plans.
If you hold all of these skills and are interested in this opportunity then please get in contact with Georgina at g2 Recruitment on either 0121 726 2680 or email me your CV to Georgina.firstname.lastname@example.org