This exciting post sits within our Transport Planning Team, part of Be First’s Policy, Transport and Infrastructure unit and overall Planning & Building Control Team. We are seeking an experienced and passionate Transport Planner who can shape our immediate and longer-term transport strategy and lead planning and delivery of our current programme. You will need to be driven, full of initiative and be able to demonstrate commitment to the role and sector.
Be First is a pioneering urban regeneration company wholly owned by, but operating independently of, the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (LBBD).
Its mission is to accelerate growth and capitalise on the borough’s position as London’s hottest investment and development opportunity. We are a developer and property consultancy, and provide planning and other statutory functions for LBBD. We also work with commercial partners who share our core values of delivering high quality development which benefits local people. The financial return that we generate is reinvested back into providing key council services.
The Planning & Building Control Team has undergone significant transformational change, with the intention of delivering a commercially astute, pragmatic and professional planning super service. Sustainable Transport connections are a fundamental of our growth agenda. This is an exciting role to lead our Transport Planning team within the within Infrastructure, Transport & Planning Policy unit. We are seeking to appoint an experienced and passionate Transport Planner who can shape our immediate and longer-term transport strategy, and lead planning and delivery of our current programme.
- Delivering our £3.5 million TFL & DfT funded LIPS and Streetspace programme.
- Shaping the Borough’s new Transport Strategy and our Infrastructure Delivery Plan.
- Overseeing of our new School Streets and Liveable Neighbourhoods Programme.
- Developing our new active travel workstream around cycling and e-travel.
- Managing studies connecting and improving access across our various growth sites, including the highway schemes around the Barking Town Centre and the A13.
- Leading a complex workload alongside supervision of junior employees, procuring consultants and supporting senior colleagues.
- Engaging with colleagues, Members, internal and external stakeholders and the public.
KEY OUTCOMES & ATTRIBUTES
Ideally, we are looking for an individual with drive and initiative who can/is:
- Deliver a Streetscape Programme which is innovative and relevant to LBBD’s needs
- Establish a balanced Transport Strategy which supports the Borough’s Growth ambitions
- Work with key agencies to develop strategic solutions for Barking Station, our key corridors including the A13, and London Riverside
- Champion our schools travel agenda and community projects
- Active in the transport planning community, including knowledge of recent best practice.
- Lead our transport programme management, budget controls and governance
- Proactive influencer & communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- IT literate
- promote use of new GIS and data systems .
FURTHER JOB DETAILS
Competitive salary of between £53,000 - £60,000 plus company benefits including pension and eligibility for performance related bonus.
Right now, we are working from home and are committed to provide remote and flexible working arrangements on an ongoing basis.
Our office is at Maritime House, Barking.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply, please submit by 3 March 2021 a CV supported by a covering letter of no more than 3 sides of A4 outlining your motivation for applying and highlighting how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role. Please do this by clicking on the Apply button below.