Job Title: Associate - Town Planner Location: London
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists who strive to make a positive difference in the world!
The company's City Economics and Planning team is growing and we are looking for an Associate Planner with a background in cities, planning policy, strategic planning, governance and delivery vehicles.
As an Associate, you will be responsible for managing assignments for a mix of public and private sector clients; and will work with a wide range of consultants. You will manage client relationships with government departments, local authorities, project and property developers, infrastructure operators, and other organisations across the public and private sectors.
You will also help develop the City Economics and Planning business through pursuing strategic opportunities, winning new contracts, and managing senior relationships. You will also play a role in the management of the City Economics and Planning team, helping deal with resourcing, line management, recruitment, training and skills. In order to apply, you should hold/have:
- Degree and/or masters in town planning or similar equivalent degree (e.g. geography).
- Experienced planning professional with demonstrable evidence of working on several commissions at once within a consultancy or public sector setting.
- Good knowledge of planning legislation and planning policy.
- Experience of drafting planning reports or strategies for clients, managing the preparation of planning applications and data analysis, or preparing policy documents including evidence base studies;
- Strong team working skills and experience of multi-disciplinary working with other teams/areas of expertise (e.g. environment, transport and project management);
- Capable of managing a challenging and varying workload which can change at short notice.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Report writing and communication skills.
- Strong competencies in the typical suite of office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe suite).
- Experience of mentoring more junior team members.
- Project management experience
- Experience of using GIS would be beneficial
On top of joining a large, leading and busy Consultancy in the region, the role will attract a competitive starting salary and a strong benefits package that includes Healthcare, Life Assurance, Profit scheme and much more! Interested?
The Director leading this recruitment is keen to speak with suitable Planners ASAP so please express your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 341 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org