An extremely rare and exceptional opportunity has arisen at one of London’s most vibrant Borough Councils for an Environmental Control Officer.
This is an exciting borough as it is currently undergoing extensive regeneration, particularly in relation to the redevelopment old brownfield industrial sites with prevalent environmental issues such as poor air quality and contaminated land.
As a key member within a supportive team, you will play a pivotal role in relation to the regulation, assessment, monitoring and enforcement of environmental conditions and the promotion of environmental improvement initiatives.
This is a multi-faceted role that will involve leading on a number of key environmental issues such as responding to planning applications in relation to the potential impact of new development on Air Quality within the borough and required remediation.
Moreover, from a strategic perspective, you will contribute to the development of Air Quality Action Plans evaluating topical issues such as the impact of emissions from Wood Burning Stoves.
- Provide expert advice on large scale major planning applications in relation to their potential impact on environmental pollution and remediation
- Address contaminated land issues in relation to the redevelopment of former industrial sites
- Evaluate the suitability of any development proposal and subsequent impact on the environment and residents
- Investigate and resolve complex cases involving environmental control or other commissioned issues
- Supervise contractors with regards to surveying, reporting upon premises, sites and locations
- Undertake the procurement, monitoring and performance of contractors, consultants and advisors
- Develop Environmental policies and procedures
- Prepare evidence for legal cases for civil and criminal proceedings relating to environmental breaches.
The successful candidate will have acquired practical experience working as an Environmental Control Officer in Environmental Health and / or Environmental Pollution Control.
In addition, you will have a detailed knowledge of Environmental Legislation particularly in relation to either air quality, contaminated land, or environmental permitting.
You will have good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and build cohesive relationships with stakeholders.
For further information or an informal discussion please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright or email: firstname.lastname@example.org