One of Home Counties most prestigious borough councils has an urgent requirement for a Director of Environment, Housing and Regeneration.
This is a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in the management of operational services encompassing planning, highways and transport, parks & open spaces, economic development and housing.
Your clear focus in the role will be to provide leadership and clear direction across those services, that includes, playing a pivotal role working closely with external consultants and members to tackle key areas in the authority that need developing. For example, addressing increasing pressure on development and available sites to provide housing and affordable homes that will stimulate further growth in the local economy and jobs for the community.
Moreover, you will play a critical role in evaluating the impact of major regeneration programmes and resources available to deliver major projects in relation to streetscape and highways improvement schemes.
- Provide effective leadership across Housing (including homelessness), Environmental Management (parks, open spaces and cemeteries), Planning, Highways & Transportation, Regulatory Services (trading standards, environmental health, food safety, licensing) and Economic Development.
- Facilitate future evolution to deliver the Vision and 4 Year Plan.
- Oversee Adoption and delivery of the local plan with a clear overview of the council's climate change agenda with growth.
- Undertake services reviews and management of commissioned external management consultants
- Progress and trouble shoot major regeneration projects and resources available to support the Highways service
- Identify and formulate effective strategies to facilitate change and prioritise tasks to deliver improvements
- Respond effectively to the priorities of councillors and the administration of the council
The successful candidate will acquired practical experience as a Director or Assistant Director with a proven track record of leadership in the public sector preferably across Regeneration, Highways, Housing or Planning.
Furthermore, experience of working in a shared service environment with integrated resources is desirable but not essential.
You will also have a proven track record maintaining a strong performance culture including the evaluation of service quality and improving service delivery which meets the needs and expectations of customers.
Finally, you must be adept at fostering and managing robust relationships with politicians and elected members with an understanding of how local authority services place responsiveness to residents at the heart of what they do.
For further information or an informal discussion about this opportunity, please feel free to contact Elliot Miles at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5261 or email email@example.com