Local Authorities across the county are always looking for Policy Planners to join them for long-term contract roles, to help shape the towns and cities we live in. The decisions made now within Planning Policy impact Planning decisions for years to come.
You will be..
- Leading on researching evidence and data analysis.
- Drafting policy documents.
- Working on the Pre-Submission Publication plan.
- Carrying out and analysing the results of public consultation.
- Carrying out sustainability appraisal work.
- Drafting proposals to release land from the greenbelt.
- Leading on community and stakeholder consultation at certain stages of the strategic planning process, including processing and assessing consultation responses.
- Providing advice to Development Management officers, other Council services, elected Members, stakeholders and residents on a range of planning policy matters and technical areas.
Our clients would prefer for candidates to have experience working on all stages of a Local Plan, including Consultation, Submission, and Examination.
Our authorities can be flexible in terms of working arrangements and home working, offering you a compressed week or several days a week from home. IR35 status of roles is determined on a case by case basis and pay rates are dependent upon experience and completion of an interview.
“What do I need to do next?”
If you are interested in this role or in other opportunities within Planning, please call 02077669075 and ask for Chloe. Whether you are actively looking for a new role, would like to hear about the market, or have any contracting queries, please do get in touch!