At South Kesteven District Council, we want to change people's lives in meaningful ways by becoming the best District in which to live, work, and visit. And it's our people in TeamSK who make it all possible.
The Head of Planning is a key role in driving forward the ambitious plans for the sustainable growth in the district. This includes a recently adopted Local Plan and the progression of strategic development projects. We are therefore keen to hear from people with experience of working in management and delivery roles in Planning services to support our plans.
Managing a dedicated team of colleagues covering Development Management, Planning Policy, Conservation, Enforcement and Urban Design, you will be a qualified Town Planner with in-depth knowledge of planning legislation and bringing forward major planning projects.
South Kesteven is a large, thriving Lincolnshire district, at the heart of England, encompassing the four market towns of Grantham, Stamford, Market Deeping and Bourne, alongside a large number of villages and rural communities . Strategically located beside the A1 and the East Coast mainline, it also encompasses excellent transport links to major cities, together with extensive natural environment and built heritage assets.
We are committed to caring for our employees both inside and outside the workplace and provide a variety of benefits, such as:
- a generous local government pension scheme
- opportunities to progress and develop your career and skillset
- access to a range of health and wellbeing activities
- flexible working, including flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- generous leave entitlement of 25 days (rising to 30 days after 5 years' service) plus bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- travel season ticket loan and a variety of other staff/family friendly benefits and discounts
- Payment of RTPI professional membership fee
- Relocation package available for the right candidate
For an informal chat about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 04 March 2021
Shortlisting: w/c 08 March 2021
Interviews: w/c 15 March 2021