Principal Planning Enforcement Officers x2
Winchester - Hampshire
Salary: £38,890.00 to £43,857.00 Salary
Carrington West Job Ref – 25016
Do you want to work for a highly motivated local authority planning team who consistently delivers a high level of service?
Carrington West are delighted to be working exclusively with Winchester City Council on x2 positions within its Planning Department to help build a new Planning Enforcement Team.
They are seeking ambitious individuals to help develop Winchester’s Enforcement Service and work closely with the Development Management officers to shape the charming historic towns, villages and countryside. Their ‘Local Plan’ is ambitious, and they are preparing also for the anticipated planning reforms.
The successful candidates will ideally have a few years of experience in a Local Authority based Planning Development Management or Enforcement role and have experience of a variety of major and minor developments.
We welcome applications from those with experience, to those with limited experience, as what is important to Winchester CC is getting the right fit to work proactively and adaptably, to help guide those who inadvertently breach planning rules and to enforce against those developments which damage the area.
Join the newly appointed Planning and Delivery Manager to work together to find a new focus for 2021 by helping reform the Enforcement service and deliver the recently adopted Local Enforcement Plan and a customer based high quality planning service.
The offices are based in the heart of Winchester’s Historic Cathedral Town and the successful candidates will benefit from free parking, essential car user allowance and paid Membership fees to the RTPI along with a range of other benefits including UK Healthcare Health Plan, generous contributory Local Government pension, discounted bus travel and public transport loans, volunteering opportunities, flexible working arrangements, a cycle scheme, and career opportunities working across the department.
This is a full time post working 37 hours per week. Winchester CC offer an excellent package of benefits including
• Employer paid health cash plan
• Free parking
• Essential car user allowance
• Paid Membership fees to the RTPI
• Cycle to Work and Car Benefit salary sacrifice schemes
• Competitive annual leave per year
• Flexible working arrangements
• 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
• Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
• Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
• Employee retail and shopping discounts
• Season Ticket Loans
• Excellent working environment
• Support for continuous professional development
To be successful in this position you MUST BE:
- A Qualified Town Planner with experience within a Local Authority Planning Department
To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Ben Hitchman on 02393876027.
If you have any questions, please pop me (Ben) a call – 02393 876027