I’m currently working with a forward thinking Local Authority in Dorset who are looking for an Enforcement Officer to join their team. My client can offer a degree of remote working and the rates are dependent on experience.
The role will be a split of general caseload work, investigations and dealing with appeals inquiries and prosecutions.
The candidate should have previous Local Authority Planning Enforcement experience and should be adaptable.
Duties will include:
- Taking on a range of cases.
- Conducting site visits when needed
- Liaising with members of the public.
- Drafting Notices, and preparing written evidence.
- Mentoring junior members of staff.
- Advising other members of the Development Management team on decisions.
- Dealing with appeals and inquiries.
Candidates who are PACE trained are preferred. The candidate should have excellent communication skills and be able to mentor junior members of staff.
The client can offer a compressed working week with a day or two of that week completed by working remotely.
The contract will be ranging from 3-6 months on a rolling basis. The client would be looking for a start date as soon as possible.
If you think your skills or experience match this role, or you would like information on our other roles we have available, please feel free to give me a call on 020 7766 9004 and ask for Alex.