Principal Infrastructure Funding Negotiator –Town Planning Officer
£45-50 p/h Inside IR35
8 Month Contract
Job Ref – 24822
Are you seeking a very interesting role that requires initiative and independent working, whilst representing a fantastic client?
This position will be in the council's Infrastructure Funding team.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• To be the single point of contact for developers, district and county council teams for a number of strategic development sites
• To represent and articulate the Council’s interests in all dealings with developers & landowners
• To be responsible for the efficient and effective process and coordination of council teams involved with S106 requirements.
• To understand progress, critical timescales, resource implications, issues and risks and update the strategic sites programme accordingly.
• To be the intelligent client and instruct, manage and monitor production of the legal agreement, consulting with expert officers.
• To check service area’s responses to planning consultations (Single Response) for key sites and ensure requirements are reflected appropriately
• To identify, justify, co-ordinate, negotiate and secure funding for council service infrastructure needs arising from development proposals in policy & planning documents and planning applications
• To help present and defend the Council’s case in relation to infrastructure funding matters at planning appeals and inquiries as required
• Ensure that the County Council’s infrastructure and service requirements, land and funding are considered when considering major planning applications.
• To ensure that a clear audit trail is kept of negotiations and key decision and that all required approvals are obtained prior to S106 agreements being completed.
• To line manage Development Negotiators, supporting them with their negotiations, carrying out appraisals and providing training as required.
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a growing local authority.
To avoid missing out please apply today and call Ben Hitchman on 02393876027
If you are a Town Planner who is interested in job opportunities but this role is not of interest, please still apply then we can consider you for other positions.