An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Planning Officer at pro development London Borough Council.
Located in a major growth and regeneration area, you will work in a of vibrant development management service processing minor applications encompassing householder, certificates of lawful development, small scale change of use, advertisements and permitted development etc.
However overtime, there will be opportunity to progress on to a more challenging caseload that will include complex medium applications, infill housing and listed building consents etc.
- Managing a caseload of minor planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct remote duty planning
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Process Certificates of Lawful Development
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject, practical experience in Development Management either via a work placement or internship is preferred but not essential.
You will have acquired practical experience processing a caseload of minor applications encompassing residential schemes with good communication and report writing skills.
For further details please contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on either 0207 318 5263 or email@example.com.