An architecturally diverse borough council with a plethora of green spaces urgently requires an Assistant Planner/ Tree Preservation Officer (Arboriculturist).
You will play a pivotal role supporting the council’s planning service by providing specialist advice on trees impact of proposed developments.
This will include processing applications for works to trees subject to Tree Preservation Orders, notifications for works in conservation areas in conjunction with the provision of technical advice.
Additional duties include:
- Undertake a programme of pro-active and planned inspections of Council tree stock, record un-plotted trees, assess tree condition and ensure their health and safety, in accordance with the Council’s statutory and tree management policy obligations.
- Assist with operating and updating the Council’s tree inventory and management system.
- Deal effectively and efficiently with enquiries and complaints both verbally and in writing, adhering to the Council’s tree management policies.
- Booking in new Conservation and Tree applications
- Assisting the Built Environment team with admin based work.
This is a fantastic role for a Junior DM Planner with 1-2 year experience who is looking to broaden their knowledge within the public sector.
For more information please call Elliot Miles on 0207 318 5261 or click Apply Now and send us across your application. We will endeavour to contact all applicants.