An fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Strategic Planning Policy Manager to join one of the Home Counties most sought after Borough Councils central to the delivery, development and improvement of their Local Plan.
This authority is widely respected and have been recognised for driving growth, regeneration and development over the past decade.
In your capacity as Strategic Planning Policy Manager, you will play a pivotal role managing a team of Policy Planners to drive them on with the development of the Local Plan. In addition, you will assist in drafting strategies and policies – specifically making contributions to the preparation of complex policies relating to strategic growth and infrastructure. Furthermore, you will be working closely with the Head of Planning to drive service improvements to ensure targets are being met within the Policy Team.
Key responsibilities include;
- Managing the Strategic Planning policy Team.
- Overseeing, developing and monitoring an ambitious work programme encompassing identifying resources for delivery, allocating work amongst the team, managing projects, identifying shortfalls in capability and capacity.
- Draft and development of Area based SPD's, infrastructure planning and monitoring.
- Lead and progress the preparation and implementation of the councils Local Plan
- Oversea the production of area based policy documents for the borough's key growth areas in conjunction with strategic oversight of the councils infrastructure planning programme (CIL, S106 and IDP updates).
Home working: 5 days per week with the requirement of site visits/ Meetings when necessary
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Planning Policy Team Leader with a substantive working knowledge of Local Plans, drafting planning policy documents in conjunction with design guidance.
Furthermore, you will be adept at monitoring performance, motivating team members, managing budgets and generating income.
Finally you must have a degree in Town & Country Planning with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For further details or an informal telephone conversation, please feel free to contact Elliot Miles on 0207 318 5261 or email