An ambitious, growth focused local authority that are at the forefront of development in their area urgently requires a Planning Development Manager to join their team on a temporary bases for a minimum of 3 months.
Your primary focus in the role will be to oversee the management of the entire development management service including enforcement. Your objectives will be to implement key services improvement that maintain and improve the performance of the councils Development management practice. You will also work closely in assisting the Head of Planning to ensure the service is meeting certain performance targets.
Alongside these management responsibilities you will also:
- Allocate planning applications
- Monitor performance and provide technical advice to junior members of staff in relation to complex planning issues
- Negotiate and assist with complex S106 Agreements
- Liaise with and conduct member briefings
- Manage team budgets
- Implement service improvement initiatives and strategies
- Represent council at committee and public inquiry
Home working: 5 days per week with the requirement of site visits/ Meetings when necessary
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a DM Manager or DM Team Leader in a UK local authority.
In addition you must have a degree in Town & Country Planning with excellent written and communication skills and an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues.
Candidate Pay rate: £58 - £60.00 per hour umbrella co
Contract Duration: 3 months with a view to extend on a rolling basis.