I am working with an authority in Essex who are looking for a Planning Officer, they can offer predominantly remote working with occasional site visits. They would be looking for the candidate to start immediately. The role would be working on a mixed caseload of smaller applications on a six month initial contract with the view to an extension beyond that.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing a mixed caseload of minor and householder applications.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
Candidate’s Required Experience:
- Several years’ of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of dealing with householder and complex minor applications.
- Rate would be dependent on the experience of the candidate
- IR35 status undetermined
- Immediate start
- Remote working available
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to this role, please call 020 7766 9075 and ask for James