Principal Planning Officer – 6 Month Contract
Vivid are working exclusively with a council based in the South East o find a Principal Planning Officer to join the local authority’s development management team. The role will initially be offered at a 6 month contract, with a view of being extended if performance targets are met by the individual. The client is looking to offer flexible working hours, with the option to work from home and condense hours are available if required, the rate payable is DOE but will be a at a minimum of £35 per hour.
Duties will include:
- The processing of major planning applications mainly residential applications up to 1500 units
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committees.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
The council are looking for a Principal Planner with recent experience working in a local authority on major planning applications. You will also need your own car for site visits.
If you're interested please call 01614137290 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org