Salary Range: £52,569 - £58,911 per annum
Work Location: 3 Shortlands, Hammersmith, W6 8DA & Remote Working
Hours per week: 36
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 29 January 2021
Contact details for an informal discussion: Matt Butler, Head of Development Management on 07766160380 or via email on MATT.BUTLER@LBHF.GOV.UK
At Hammersmith & Fulham, we are ambitious in reforming the council to ensure this is a place for everybody. Within the Economy department, we aim to be efficient in everything that we do. We believe our residents deserve a place that is safe, clean and green, with high quality services they can rely on.
Hammersmith & Fulham is one of the top performing Planning Authorities in London, and has a reputation for getting things done as well as delivering for residents. If you share our refusal to settle for second best, there has never been a better time to join us.
The Planning Enforcement Team has received national recognition for its work, in challenging illegal advertising and estate agent boards. The variety of work the team is involved in is changing all the time.
We are looking for a an inspirational and motivated Planner to lead the Planning Enforcement Team of dedicated officers. The candidate will need to have strong track record; communication skills; be committed to delivering excellent customer service; and using the planning system to achieve the best outcomes for our residents and businesses.
Through the application of high-level Planning Enforcement and leadership skills, you will make a significant contribution to the regeneration of the borough through the effective control of development to ensure that growth and regeneration in the borough is delivered in line with the Hammersmith & Fulham Local Plan and associated documents.
The variety of work would offer a challenge for an experienced planning officer wishing to nurture a successful team and build on their leadership skills.
We offer a competitive salary together with a variety of other benefits including flexi time, flexible working, season ticket loans and pension benefits.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
- Responsible for setting the tactical operation of your team and contribute to the strategic direction of your service.
- Responsible for producing and delivering the team plan for your team and monitoring its delivery to align with corporate, departmental and service aims and priorities.
- Responsible for establishing, developing and keeping under review the structures, procedures and working methods for your team and the wider service to ensure an integrated, effective and efficient approach to the delivery of services and to maximise the use of new technology to both improve services and generate efficiency savings.
- Responsible for ensuring that staff in your team are recruited, managed, appraised and developed, and that effective arrangements are made for their training and development so as to meet service and continued professional development needs and to provide equality of opportunity for all employees.
- Manage staff in your team, participate in your service’s management team and in the delivery of service plan objectives and other service improvements and deputise for the head of service when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that services provided by your team are delivered within allocated budgets and opportunities for increasing resources are identified and optimised.
Please apply online and specify on your application how you meet the skills, knowledge and qualities specified in the Job description.