Principal Town Planning Officer
£45p/h Inside IR35
Initial 3 Month Contract
Job Ref – 24608
Do you want to work in one of London's most sought after and high-profile borough councils?
Our client is looking for a talented Principal Major Applications Planner to progress major sites through the planning system.
At this borough you will be the Lead Officer managing strategic planning applications for their flagship Estate Renewal and redevelopment through the planning process championing a multi-million-pound new housing zones designed to deliver over 7000 new homes in the borough.
This is a high-profile role where you will take schemes from the initial design phase through to planning application submissions where you will report directly to the Head of Planning and work collaboratively with council’s regeneration team and major stakeholders including the GLA and TfL.
In addition, you will conduct pre application meetings with prestigious developers, attend design workshops and negotiate complex PPA agreements.
- Undertake complex pre-application meetings with key stakeholders, developers agent and architects etc.
- Manage and process large scale Major and Strategic Applications for Estate Renewal schemes
- Trouble shoot and unblock issues surrounding complex planning applications
- Facilitate close working relationships with internal teams in Design, regeneration and development
- Consult and liaise with the GLA, TfL and key politicians
- Coordinate site visits with key stakeholders, community groups and the developer etc
- Represent Council at committee and informal hearings
- Manage and engage with external consultant teams undertaking studies research on behalf of the council
- Negotiate complex conditions and reserved matters
- Undertaking member briefings
This Council would like to encourage applications from candidates who have processed large scale major and strategic applications in conjunction with having acquired practical experience in any of the Principal Major Applications Planner preferably with prior experience delivering Estate Renewal schemes through the planning process.
In addition, you will a comprehensive understanding of current issues affecting planning, regeneration and local government in London from a development management and placemaking perspective.
Moreover, you will have a commitment to championing high quality development and customer service with a natural enthusiasm for large scale major and strategic development.
To be successful in this position you MUST BE:
- A Qualified Town Planner with significant experience within a Local Authority Planning Department
To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Ben Hitchman on 02393876027
If you are a Town Planner who is interested in job opportunities, but this role is not of interest, please still apply then we can consider you for other positions.