I am working with an authority in Somerset who are looking for a Planning Officer, they can offer remote working with site visits needed once every fortnight. They would be looking for the candidate to start immediately, most likely the first week of January. The role would be working on a mixed caseload of smaller applications on a three month initial contract with the view to an extension beyond that.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing a mixed caseload of minor and householder applications.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
Candidate’s Required Experience:
- Several years’ of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of dealing with householder and complex minor applications.
- Rate would be dependent on the experience of the candidate
- IR35 status undetermined
- Immediate start
- Remote working available
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to this role, please call 020 7766 9075 and ask for James