An ambitious, growth focused local authority that are renowned for cutting edge development urgently requires a Development Management Senior Manager to join their team on a temporary bases for a minimum of 6 months.
Your primary focus in this role will be to oversee the management of the entire development management service including the enforcement and technical support staff teams.
Alongside these management responsibilities you will also:
- Allocate planning applications
- Monitor performance and provide technical advice to junior members of staff in relation to complex planning issues
- Negotiate and assist with complex S106 Agreements
- Liaise with and conduct member briefings
- Manage team budgets
- Implement service improvement initiatives and strategies
- Represent council at committee and public inquiry
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a DM Manager or DM Team Leader in a UK local authority.
In addition you must have a degree in Town & Country Planning with excellent written and communication skills and an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues.
Candidate Pay rate: £55.00 - £65.00 per hour umbrella co
For further details, please feel free to contact Elliot Miles at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5261 or email;