I am seeking to recruit a Senior Planning Enforcement Officer to deliver commitments and take ownership of own case load, seeking to ensure that the policies of the council and planning permissions are correctly implemented to protect the unique character of the area.
The complexity and nature of the work will reflect the experience, competencies and qualifications of the successful applicant.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide technical expertise, advice and direction to internal and external customers when solving problems or managing risks
- Apply a high level of expert knowledge within a technical area of expertise and manage sensitive, open ended and complex case or project based work
- To deal with enquiries and complaints relating to all forms of development and breaches of planning control
- To identify and investigate all breaches of planning control.
- To give advice to members of the public and others, including, those responsible for a breach, and try to find ways to resolve the breach.
- To ensure that, where a breach is found, appropriate action is taken, where expedient to do so.
- To take formal enforcement action through to prosecution, where necessary, to protect the environment of the Forest of Dean in the public interest and the reputation of the Local Planning Authority.
Essential Requirements, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- A qualification in planning or a related discipline, equivalent to a degree or relevant experience of five years
- knowledge of Town and Country Planning legislation
- A minimum of at least three years experience within a Local Government or related environment
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent to grade C/4 or higher
- Experience of working flexibly as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience of being involved in continuously improving services and developing products to meet customer need
- Ability to remain calm and confident when dealing with challenging customers and environments
- Ability to resolve complex issues by negotiation
- Deliver commitments and take ownership of own caseload, reshaping of plans to deliver required outcomes
- Demonstrate commitment and resilience to succeed
- Ability to work independently under pressure and within tight deadlines
If you are interested in the position please send your CV to Rosa.legum-Barrell@g2recruitment.com and I will call you.