Senior Planning Enforcement Officer
37 Hours and Permanent Contract
Forest of Dean
About the role…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
Four partner Councils (Cheltenham Borough Council, Forest of Dean, Cotswold and West Oxfordshire District Councils) have created Publica Group Ltd to deliver more efficient and improved services. The Councils will continue to be responsible for the standard of services that are provided as well as setting strategy, policy and making decisions. This role is covering the Forest of Dean District, overall the Forest of Dean is the safest place to live in Gloucestershire, with the lowest levels of crime in the county.
The Forest of Dean is a unique area on the border of England and Wales incorporating a National Forest Park and a location with easy access to the Midlands, Wales and the South West With its picturesque woodlands, outdoor activities with landscapes to explore, you will have this right on your doorstep – especially with our agile working ethos; you will be spoilt for choice.
Publica is seeking to recruit a Senior Planning Enforcement Officer to deliver commitments and take ownership of own case load, seeking to ensure that the policies of the council and planning permissions are correctly implemented to protect the unique character of the area.
The complexity and nature of the work will reflect the experience, competencies and qualifications of the successful applicant.
You will need…
- A qualification in planning or a related discipline, equivalent to a degree or relevant experience of five years
- Knowledge of Town and Country Planning legislation
- A minimum of at least three years’ experience within a Local Government or related environment
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent to grade C/4 or higher
- Experience of working flexibly as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience of being involved in continuously improving services and developing products to meet customer need
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
- Use of a car for work purposes
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date shown on the advert, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01614137290 for more information.