Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based on the South Coast in their search for a Tree Officer within the Town Planning department. This will be offered on an initial 3-month contract, then rolling.
We are looking for an experienced arboriculturalist to work alongside the council's officers and other planning and environmental professionals in delivering and maintaining high quality environments. The successful applicant will lead on arboricultural advice within the planning service in order to fulfil the Councils statutory requirements and policies on tree preservation, tree safety, woodland and hedgerows and provide a high standard of arboricultural service to the Authority.
- You will be undertaking implementation and enforcement of Tree Preservation Orders and Conservation Area Regulations; dealing with tree works applications; and advising on tree matters in relation to development sites
- To assess and determine tree work applications received by the Authority within set timescales
- To assess and advise upon all stages of planning applications and related matters including appeal hearings affecting existing trees
- To investigate and examine dangerous trees and advise upon or implement any necessary action to protect the highway or property
- To deal with enquiries from the general public, professional bodies, tree specialists and others, advising on the subjects of tree management, statutory protection of trees and hedgerow regulations.
The post holder must have a valid driving license and access to a vehicle. It would be beneficial for you to have relevant practical experience with demonstrable experience of dealing with Local Authority tree work applications, Tree Preservation Orders and advice to Development Control and have good IT skills (GIS). Although not mandatory, it would be desirable for you to have a Diploma in Arboriculture, Ordinary National Diploma or National Certificate of Horticulture (Arboriculture) or equivalent arboriculture qualification.
Carrington West Pay Rate - DOE
Job Ref - 24203
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.