A rare and exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Strategic Applications Team Leader in their fast moving Major Applications Team at vibrant London Borough Council.
This borough is playing a leading role progressing the regeneration and redevelopment of major strategic sites, championing multi million pound new housing zones, estate renewal and town centre projects.
As a lead figure within the team, you will have responsibility for assisting the Strategic Applications Team Leader with the supervision of staff, allocating cases, signing off delegated reports, providing technical guidance and innovative planning solutions when required for complex and contentious development proposals.
Furthermore you will progress a caseload of large scale major and strategic applications through the planning system for a range of development including high profile joint venture schemes as well as contributing to the wider strategic direction of the Development Management Team.
You'll have primary responsibility for conducting pre application meetings with prestigious developers coupled with the negotiation of complex PPA agreements.
- Supervise and manage specified offices withing the Strategic Applications Team
- Allocate cases amongst team members
- Sign off delegated reports
- Promote customer satisfaction when delivering strategic applications services
- Train and mentor junior members of staff
- Trouble shoot and unblock issues surrounding complex planning applications
- Assist with recruiting members of staff for the Strategic Applications Team
- Process major and strategic major applications
- Manage complex pre-application meetings for large scale major and strategic applications
- Negotiate PPA's with leading developers
- Represent Council and present at Committee when required
- Undertake Member Briefings and address complaints
- Liaison with the GLA and other key stakeholders such as TfL
- Work closely with major developers, architects and external consultants
- Negotiate S106 agreements and the discharge of complex conditions and reserved matter applications
- Assist and support the implementation of service improvement initiatives
This Council would like to encourage applications from candidates who have processed large scale major and strategic applications in conjunction with having acquired practical experience in any of the following roles Deputy Team Leader, Team Leader and or Principal Planner preferably within a major or strategic applications team.
In addition you will a comprehensive understanding of current issues affecting planning, regeneration and local government in London from a development management and placemaking perspective.
Moreover you will have a commitment to championing high quality development and customer service with a natural enthusiasm for large scale major and strategic development.
In addition you must have a degree in Town & Country Planning with excellent written and communication skills and an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263.