An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Planning Enforcement Team Leader at one of London's most progressive and vibrant borough councils.
You will play a pivotal role managing a busy Planning Enforcement Team where you will be required to monitor performance, address contentious Planning Enforcement cases, develop and implement service improvement initiatives designed to enhance the operational efficiency, ensure all allegations of unauthorised development are investigated.
In addition, you will address complaints and brief members on unauthorised development activity in the borough requiring appropriate planning enforcement action.
- Direct line management and responsibility of the Planning Enforcement Team
- Investigate and deal with complex Enforcement cases
- Allocate and distribute Planning Enforcement Caseloads among the team.
- Advise and guide fellow Enforcement Officers on appropriate strategies and course of action for specific breaches and cases.
- Prepare cases for prosecution and provide court testimony when required.
- Monitor Team performance in conjunction with clearing backlog cases
- Report Directly to the Development Control Service Manager in relation to team performance, major cases and general breaches in planning legislation affecting the borough.
- Negotiate retrospective planning approval for individual cases.
The successful candidate with have acquired extensive experience in Planning Enforcement practices, procedures and have a thorough knowledge planning legislation.
In addition, you will have acquired a practical experience either as a Planning Enforcement Team Leader or as Principal Officer / Deputy Team Leader with responsibility for training and mentoring more junior officers.
Finally you must have good report writing with excellent communication skills.
For further information, contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald and Company on 0207 629 7220.