An outstanding opportunity for a Planning Officer at a fast-moving and architecturally diverse London Borough Council.
In this prime London Borough, you will work within a vibrant and supportive development management team processing a mixed caseload of minor to complex medium planning applications.
Development Management caseloads will consist of a variety of different schemes encompassing residential, commercial, change of use, mixed use, listed buildings consents and prior approvals etc.
In addition as the borough is a major regeneration and growth area, you will play a pivotal role negotiating and finalising the discharge of complex conditions and reserved matter applications also.
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Planning Officer in Development Management Officer in the UK or overseas.
You will have an aptitude for processing a mixed caseload of minor to medium applications with good communication and report writing skills.
For further details please contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email; email@example.com