A versatile council based in Kent has an urgent requirement for a Major Applications Planner.
This council is looking for a highly experienced Development Control Planner to join the team and work on a mixed caseload of complex medium to large scale major applications entailing residential, mixed-use and commercial applications. The council have expressed they have a number of very interesting mixed-use and residential schemes for this planner to work on comprising of residential schemes up to approx. 150 units + (major applications).
Duties will include;
- Managing a caseload of minor to major planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Attending site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK.
Contract duration: 3 months with a view to extend on a rolling basis
If you would like to be considered for the position, please contact Elliot Miles on 0207 318 5261.