Senior Development Management Planner
Carrington West are assisting a local authority client in their search for a Senior Planning Officer on a short-term contract.
The successful candidate will be dealing with all matters in respect of Development Management, especially in relation to all aspects of planning (and related) applications.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Process and determine a caseload of all aspects of planning related applications, appeals, discharge of conditions and all other post decision matters; undertaking all necessary site inspections; preparing reports and recommendations for applications that are to be determined under powers delegated to the Chief Officer and Development Management Manager and for applications to be considered and determined by the Planning Committee.
- Manage and process all aspects of telecommunications related applications from pre-application to post application stages.
- Advise on the need for planning permission and provide pre-application planning advice. - Prepare evidence and written statements in respect of any Planning Appeals and represent the organisation as planning witness at Hearings and Inquries as may be required.
- Investigate all complaints regarding alleged breaches of planning control, including those in relation to trees and Listed Buildings; take appropriate enforcement action as required, including the preparing and serving of Enforcement Notices, Planning Contravention Notices Breach of Condition Notices etc.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
- Educated to a Degree Level in Planning or a closely related relevant qualification.
- Evidence of continuous professional development related to one or more aspects of development management and/or planning enforcement.
- Knowledge of the relevant law, Government guidance, policies and practice related to planning.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate information; to present clear, accurate and concise reports to a wide range of audiences.
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a growing local authority.
To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Ben Rose on 02393876022.
Job Reference Number - 23805
If you are a Town Planner who is interested in job opportunities but this role is not of interest, please still apply then we can consider you for other positions.