I am working with an authority in Essex who are looking for a Senior Planning Officer, they can offer significant home working. They would need someone willing to travel to the area around twice a week. They would be looking for the candidate to start immediately. The role would be working on a mixed caseload of applications on a three to six month initial contract.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing a mixed caseload of applications.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
Candidate’s Required Experience:
- Several years’ of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of complex minor and major applications
- Private Sector experience is considered.
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- Rate would be around £30-£35 per hour.
- Role to more than likely be inside IR35.
- Immediate start
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to this role, please call 0207 766 9075 and ask for James