One of the Midlands most progressive Borough Councils has an urgent requirement for a Senior Major Applications Planner.
This council is looking for a highly experienced Development Control Planner to join the team and work on a caseload of major and strategic applications ranging from 30 units up to 150 +. This role will also give you the chance to work closely with the DM Team leader to mentor members of the team and sign off delegated reports/ casework, the caseload will entail you working on a range of residential, mixed-use, change of use and commercial applications.
Duties will include;
- Managing a caseload of major planning applications within statutory time frames
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Attending site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK.
Home working: 5 days per week with a requirement to attend site visit when needed.
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject and have acquired practical experience as a Senior Planner or Principal Planner working on Major Applications.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please contact Elliot Miles on 0207 318 5261.