A prestigious London Borough Council has an exceptional opportunity for a Principal Planning Obligations S106 /CIL Officer who will play a pivotal role administering S106 / CIL Agreements.
This borough is undergoing extensive development and growth through the delivery of major town center and estate renewal schemes.
As the Principal Planning Obligations Officer, you will play a key role in making a significant contribution to the delivery of high-profile regeneration projects through the provision of funding from S106 and CIL agreements that are central to the growth and enhancement of the borough.
Your primary responsibility will be to liaise with developers, architects, and external consultants to negotiate S106 agreements, advise on Community Infrastructure Levies in conjunction with the monitoring and collection of monies.
- Coordinate S106 negotiations with developers
- Provide clear advice to colleagues, development management teams and applicants in relation to S106 and CIL obligations
- Lead the establishment, evaluation, and improvement S106/Community Infrastructure Levy processes
- Provide and advice to support Development Management Officers in relation to S106 negotiations and Heads of Terms
- Liaise with the councils Legal Services Team in relation to finalising S106 and CIL Agreements
- Manage applications for Deeds of Variation to existing Planning Legal Agreements
- Ensure S106 clauses are discharged in accordance with the legal agreement
- Act as the primary point of contact for S106 and CIL related correspondence
- Review, calculate and judge S106 / CIL relief and exemptions as well as defending decisions for any relevant appeals
- Ensure S106 and CIL accounts are reconciled and monies collected
- Collate and draft robust reports
- Monitor, track, and ensure compliance with all financial payments and non-financial obligations.
- Manage the allocation and spending of CIL for strategic projects
- Update and manage the input of Community Infrastructure Levies on to the development databases.
- Check and validate CIL calculations from more junior members of staff
- Undertake member briefings
- Conduct high-level negotiations and contribute to the production of complex legal agreements
The successful candidate will have acquired practical experience as a Principal or Senior S106 / CIL Officer at a UK local authority.
In addition, you will have an in-depth legislative knowledge of S106 / CIL agreements and how levies are calculated and applied in conjunction with technical expertise developing and maintaining databases and strong financial acumen.
Furthermore, you will have the ability to undertake high-level negotiations, draft heads of terms, and understand complex legal agreements.
Moreover, a knowledge of viability appraisals is preferred but not essential.
For further information please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email; email@example.com