There has never been a more exciting time to join the high performing Planning Team at Leicestershire. We have recently adopted our Local Plan, which will shape the delivery of minerals and waste development up to 2031 in a county which is one of the principal producers of minerals in the country. The delivery of these raw materials and waste infrastructure will be fundamental in achieving the County’s growth agenda; an ambition to deliver over £600 million of infrastructure to support thousands of new homes and millions of square metres of employment over the next 30 years.
Your role will be varied and interesting, managing a diverse case load of planning applications; carrying out monitoring and enforcement; undertaking monitoring and review of the recently adopted Local Plan; supervising junior members of the team and deputising for management. As well as minerals and waste, there will also be the opportunity to play a significant role in the delivery of schools, roads, housing, infrastructure, business and commercial development, as the County Council invests in its own programme of building.
As an experienced planning professional, you will understand the different aspects of the planning process and be dynamic and motivated with good communication and negotiation skills and a high level of organisation.
The position offers excellent prospects for career development and you would be joining a friendly team in a progressive authority that is passionate about its people and would invest in your development.
- Relevant qualification or experience
- Experience of processing complex or sensitive planning applications
- Knowledge of minerals and waste development
- Ability to handle planning enforcement cases
- Experience of drafting or influencing planning policy
- Ability to represent the County Council at planning appeals and public meetings
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to produce consistently accurate work
- Ability to deal with situations in a diplomatic and politically sensitive manner
- Ability to engage with stakeholders from a range of backgrounds
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
Please see the job description and person specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquires please contact Oliver Meek, Tel: 0116 305 7041 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
For further information about working for Leicestershire County Council, please click here.
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact email@example.com