Vivid are currently working with a local authority based in the West Midlands who are looking to take on a Principal Planning Officer initially until the end of January.
This role will involve:
- The processing of 6/8 major planning applications, including speculative residential applications in the countryside (so some recent rural planning experience is ideal)
- Undertaking consultations in accordance with statutory and local requirements.
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Negotiating and communicating with applicants, agents and consultees.
- Advising members of the public, parish councils and District Councillors.
- Assessing proposals in line with national and local planning policies and guidance and all other material considerations (including representations made by consultees).
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committees.
- Issuing decision notices in accordance with the statutory and other procedures of the department including incorporating conditions and where necessary reasons for refusal.
- Providing written and verbal advice on development management to members of the public, developers, Parish Councils, District Councillors and others.
The council are looking for a Principal Planner with recent experience working in a local authority on major planning applications. The area is a mix of both rural and urban, therefore you will need to be able to drive for site visits.
If you would like more information on this position please call 01614137290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org