Role: Senior Town Planner
Salary: £25,000-£35,000 + An excellent benefits package
Penguin Recruitment is working with a highly skilled and experienced team of planning and regeneration consultants in Berkshire to recruit a Senior Planner to the team. This is a career defining opportunity for an ambitious planning professional looking to build their reputation and portfolio of planning experience. You will be joining a team where the aim is to secure the best solution in every case and to provide the highest levels of service to achieve this aim.
What will you be doing in the role?
* Providing support and guidance to peers and more junior staff to distribute knowledge and ensure contemporary planning issues and legislation are cascaded and understood.
* Supporting the growth of the team by making a positive contribution to business development, securing repeat work and applying a commercial lens to all work undertaken and behaviours.
* Planning Performance Agreements and providing pre-application advice on complex* Processing mainly minor and small major planning applications in a timely manner, producing robust reports and recommendations to achieve desired and deliverable outcomes.
* Preparing and presenting evidence on appeals for core and external clients.
* Contributing to service improvements to achieve cost efficiency and effectiveness.
* Contributing to the delivery and improvement of business management systems, procedures and processes.
What sort of candidates are we looking for?
* Hold demonstrable experience of working as a planning officer or consultant in the public/private sector.
* Hold a demonstrable level of knowledge and understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation.
* Be ambitious to enhance the reputation of the Development Management service for innovation, quality and timeliness of delivery.* Be a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
* Have 3 years or more relevant experience.
* Be able to prioritise and manage a workload whilst working flexibly to meet both the commercial and contractual needs of the business.
As a Senior Planning Consultant, you will be part of a small ambitious, successful team providing clients with high quality, customer focussed, timely and outcome-based Planning services.
If you are interested and have a degree or recognised post graduate qualification in planning or related discipline, then please contact Jack Green on 01792 365104 or email email@example.com where you will be met with a friendly and professional service to help you proceed your application.