TOWN PLANNER 12 MTH FTC - Senior, Principal, Associate level
Town Planner - Senior, Principal or Associate level
12 month Fixed Term Maternity Cover
Based in Bristol, UK
We have a great opportunity for a talented Town Planner to join our well-established Town Planning Team in the Bristol office, on a 12-month fixed term maternity cover.
You will be responsible for providing high quality planning advice to clients in the residential sector in relation to all aspects of planning policy and be involved in the preparation, evaluation, and submission of large, complex planning applications. You will also be involved in advising and negotiating with applicants and developers as well as preparing evidence and representing the client at planning appeals.
We are seeking an experienced Town Planner at either Senior, Principal or Associate level with proven ability in all aspects of Planning with commercial insight and to assist with developing our network of clients. We are looking for a high-quality candidate with strong professional and business acumen.
Candidates will need to demonstrate that they have the following:
- To be able to prepare, manage and submit planning applications and appeals with minimal supervision
- To be able to prepare and submit representations to Development Plans is preferable but not essential
- A good understanding of current planning law, practice and guidance
- Ability to hit the ground running and quickly build relationships with colleagues and clients to successfully reach shared goals.
- Extensive project management experience
- Excellent negotiation skills including the ability to resolve conflicts
- Ability to manage time and resources efficiently and handle demanding timescales
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, to explain complex plans and proposals to a wide range of customers
- Great team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills, including Word and planning software packages.
Pegasus Group is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to ensuring fairness and equality for all. We offer an excellent remuneration package dependent upon experience and potential as well as a flexible and supportive working environment designed to help you to reach your full potential and ensure a work life balance. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading Town Planning, Environmental and Design consultancies, and to make a significant contribution to the further development and success of the business and team.
About Pegasus Group
Pegasus Group is a leading national development consultancy specialising in planning, design, environment, economics and heritage.
We have more than 330 skilled and experienced staff operating from 15 offices who work in collaboration with our clients to provide bespoke solutions focusing on delivering successful outcomes and maximising value.
We combine local and national knowledge of the property and development industry to provide an unrivalled understanding of what is required to make schemes successful.
Our integrated teams combine knowledge and expertise and have worked on some of the UK’s highest profile projects, developing excellent relationships with our clients and winning awards in the process.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please forward a copy of your most up to date CV and cover letter outlining your experience and current package (if applicable) to email@example.com
Note for Recruitment Agencies
Please note at this time we are unable to accept candidate CVs from recruitment agencies. Submission of any candidate CVs does not establish a right of representation should the same candidate’s details be submitted to us directly.
Apply for TOWN PLANNER 12 MTH FTC - Senior, Principal, Associate level
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly