An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Senior Strategic Planner at one of London's most sought after and pro-development borough councils.
Over the last 10 years this borough has undergone unprecedented growth and development through the delivery of cutting edge regeneration and development schemes.
You will play a pivotal role leading on strategic planning and research to enable the delivery key aspects of the borough's Local Plan, Area Action Plans and other Planning Policy projects.
In addition, you will identify, develop and implement strategic and corporately important capital projects to facilitate high quality, physical, economic and social regeneration across the borough.
- Supervise up to 4 members of staff
- Contribute to the development of Local Plan Policies and Area based DPD's
- Lead on the formulation of Area Action Plans and Area Based DPD'S
- Contribute to the production of masterplans, socio economic and physical regeneration documents
- Procure external consultants.
- Prepare consultant briefs and negotiate contracts with developers
- Respond to national, regional and emerging planning policies
- Undertake member briefings in conjunction with Stakeholder and community consultation activities
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Senior / Planning Policy Officer or Strategic Planner who has drafted Local Plan Policy documents at a UK Local authority..
In addition, you will have an understanding of issues central to regeneration in relation to viability, infrastructure delivery and bringing forward strategic sites for development.
Finally you will have excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
For further details please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263.