Are you a Senior Planning Officer looking for an immediate start?
Are you looking to work remotely, but flexible to come into the office every so often?
Are you seeking a rate of around £30 per hour to work through mainly minor applications?
If so, read on! Penguin Recruitment is working with a Local Authority in the North East to recruit a Senior Planning Officer
to the team, on a 3-month contact, required immediately.What will you be doing in the role:
- Contributing to the delivery and improvement of business management systems, procedures and processes.
- Providing support and guidance to peers and more junior staff to distribute knowledge and ensure contemporary planning issues and legislation are cascaded and understood.
- Supporting the growth of the team by making a positive contribution to business development, securing repeat work and applying a commercial lens to all work undertaken and behaviours.
The successful candidate will:
- Processing mainly minor and small major planning applications in a timely manner, producing robust reports and recommendations to achieve desired and deliverable outcomes.
- Preparing and presenting evidence on appeals for core and external clients.
- Contributing to service improvements to achieve cost efficiency and effectiveness.
- Hold a demonstrable level of knowledge and understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation.
- Be ambitious to enhance the reputation of the Development Management service for innovation, quality and timeliness of delivery.
- As a Senior Planning Consultant, you will be part of an ambitious, successful team providing clients with high quality, customer focussed, timely and outcome-based development management services
- Preferably be a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Have around 3 years or more relevant experience.
- Be able to prioritise and manage a workload whilst working flexibly to meet both the commercial and contractual needs of the business.
- Hold demonstrable experience of working as a planning officer or consultant in the public/private sector.
If you are interested and have a degree or recognised post graduate qualification in planning or related discipline then please contact Jack Green
on 01792 341104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org where you will be met with a friendly and professional service to help you proceed your application.