Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in East Anglia in the search for a Senior Planning officer (Major Developments). The role will be offered on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of up to £36,000 per annum.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Introductory Payment of £5,000 plus a relocation package
- RTPI Professional Fees Paid
- Flexitime and flexible working arrangements
- Training and development opportunities
- Modern office environment
- Free parking
The purpose of the role is to process an individual caseload of planning related applications and provide professional advice on a range of planning related matters.
As a member of the Major Projects team, you will help to deliver a range of significant housing and economic development schemes. The team delivers a varied case load of applications including commercial and residential schemes. You will be expected to deal with a large volume of cases and therefore experience managing a similar case load to a high standard is a must. Responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Process and make recommendations on an individual caseload of planning and other applications
- Provide and offer advice and guidance to prospective applicants, consultants and members of the public prior to submission of applications and on general planning matters
- Prepare and provide written evidence and act as expert witness on the Council's behalf at public inquiries and hearings
- Advise/liaise with elected Members in relation to planning and enforcement matters in the area
- Attend and present applications to Development Committee and undertake Committee site visits
- Work alongside the Planning Policy team to provide input to development briefs, masterplans and policies for future site allocations
The ideal candidate must have previous experience dealing with Major Applications. It would also be beneficial to have a degree & professional qualification in Town & Country planning as well as full membership of the RTPI.
If you are interested in going forward for the role then please don't hold back (Contact details can be found below), Interviews will be help ASAP.
Carrington West Pay Rate - £36,000 per annum (+ Bonus and other benefits)
Job Ref - 22499
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.