Senior Planning Manager | Housebuilder | 5+ years' experience
Are you a Town Planner with solid commercial experience, keen to join a successful and robust national housebuilder?
Do you (or could you) live in Essex, Hertfordshire or East London, and hold a full driving licence?
Are you a member of the RTPI with appraisal, promotion and negotiation skills?
Are you ready to manage large scale projects, lead consultant teams and be responsible for large budgets?
If your answers to the above are a resounding YES! then please read on…
On behalf of a major housebuilder, Lewis Davey is seeking interest from suitably qualified Town Planners with the desire to manage large scale strategic housing sites through the promotion and delivery stages.
Based in the south of Essex, close to the M25 and commutable via a fast train service from East London, this developer is known for its involvement in some of the country’s most extensive housing delivery schemes, combining high-end luxury living with affordable homes and apartment from Scotland down to the far Kent coast.
As a Senior Planning Manager, you will report to the Planning Director’s and be responsible for co-ordinating and delivery the planning input for a number of strategic development sites. Some will be at the early stages of appraisal, some will be sites requiring promotion into emerging local plans and others will be sites on land allocated for development, so there is plenty of variety and exposure on offer.
Supported by a wider team, you will:
- promote strategic sites through ‘call for site’, emerging plans and active local plan stage;
- co-ordinate the preparation and submission of planning applications, associated environmental and sustainable assessments and appeals where required;
- manage consents and discharging of conditions;
- represent the company at site visits, Local Authority meetings, public consultations and other stakeholder engagements;
- manage budgets and oversee consultants throughout the design and planning process;
- appraise future sites on behalf of the land team;
- act as a mentor to more junior colleagues within planning, including assisting with their professional chartership route.
- You must have gained at least 5 years’ professional Town Planning experience, some of which should have been spent in consultancy or with another developer;
- Some local authority experience is very desirable;
- You should hold a degree and/or Masters in Planning related studies;
- Full membership of the RTPI (or RICS P&D), or the ability to become chartered very soon, is essential;
- You must hold a full UK driving licence (the successful candidate will receive a generous company car or car allowance)
In return, you will receive a competitive basic salary commensurate with the duties of the role (guide is £40k - £55k depending on experience), plus a high value company car or car allowance, private healthcare, life assurance, generous contributory pension scheme, excellent bonuses, house purchase discounts and a flexible benefits package including discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme and much more.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-known and ambitious developer, so if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please give Claire a call on 07983 143 831 or 020 7859 4246. Alternatively, use the apply button below or send your CV to email@example.com including a contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.
Apply for Senior Planning Manager | Housebuilder | 5+ years' experience
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly