Senior Planning Officer
I am currently working with a North West based Local Planning Authority, who are looking for an experienced planner to come in and aide the team during a very business time of year. The LPA are looking for someone with experience working with a varied caseload, ranging from 'standard' minor applications, all the way up to small-scale major applications. The contract would be for an initial 3-month period, though is highly likely to be extended beyond this.
Your main responsibilities in this role would be to:
- Support the Planning Team in the delivery of a planning service, through the provision of professional advice, guidance, interpretation and evaluation on all aspects of the work area to customers and colleagues to meet statutory and service requirements, so that it meets statutory targets and legislation and seeks to deliver quality outcomes.
- Lead on the consideration and negotiation of complex planning applications to facilitate the implementation of the development plan.
- Keep up to date with good practice and changes to legislation to inform the consideration of planning matters.
- Provide professional expertise in Planning Appeal and Planning Enforcement and prosecution issues as a specialist expert planning witness in liaison with the Job Description for Senior Planning Officer planning and enforcement teams, including provision of written evidence and appearance at hearings and Planning (public) Inquiries and Court to support that evidence orally where necessary.
- Implement a professional and entrepreneurial approach to the management of the team to optimise fee income and make the most efficient use of resources.
- Ensure planning decisions are transparent, consistent and robust through clear communication of national and local policy and seek to reduce the amount of appeals through a proactive development management approach.
- Support the Development Management team to ensure the ICT for the team is maintained at an appropriate level and is informed through new developments in e-planning delivery which facilitates the delivery of the Council's corporate vision, strategic objectives and agreed priorities as well as statutory requirements.
It is essential you have a minimum of 3 years' worth of experience working with a varied caseload of residential applications, as well as working on commercial and industrial sites. You must have a degree or diploma in Town Planning, or a related discipline. RTPI membership is preferred but not essential for this role.
You must have access to your own car to carry out site visits for this role. Home working can be negotiated with the LPA once thorough the interview stage.
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch with Alex, 020 3795 4835, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Senior Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly