Head of Planning | Oxfordshire | Private Property Consultancy
7 days left
- Contract Type
Head of Planning | Oxfordshire | Property and Environmental Consultancy
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits including Annual Bonus, Pension, Private Healthcare, Car Allowance, and Professional Development
Are you an ambitious Planner who is keen to join an established property consultancy and drive your career to the next level?
Do you hold full membership to the MRTPI?
Are you looking to spearhead your own team and drive a business to new heights?
If your answer to all three questions above is yes… keep reading!
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting an awarding-winning independent Planning and Development consultancy, who are looking for talented and experienced Planner to join their team of highly skilled experts in the beautiful county of Oxfordshire. There has never been a better time to join this consultancy, as they are undergoing a major overhaul and are expected to double, maybe even triple in size by this time next year. Currently, they operate from 9 offices across the UK, leaving no corner of the country without full-time support. You'll be joining a growing business with ambitious growth plans that encourage personal and professional development. You'll find the opportunities to further your career with a fantastic team, along with excellent benefits including competitive pension plan and bonus scheme.
As the Head of Planning, you will be performing the following duties:
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced chartered RTPI Planner to head up our planning team and support this developing, expanding business area and to work on a wide variety of schemes. Project work will vary from high-profile infrastructure developments across the UK, through to residential and mixed-use property schemes.
- You'll be encouraged to increase the size of the existing team by recruiting innovative, highly motivated professional planners with a desire to add value to clients' services.
- Leading a team of planners you'll be providing town planning services to clients and colleagues.
- You'll be working closely with our surveying, geomatics and environmental teams to provide strategic advice on projects.
- You'll review estate-wide planning opportunities and provide strategic advice to clients enabling them to maximise opportunities from their property portfolio.
- You'll undertake desktop analysis to promote clients' land for development alongside local plan monitoring.
- You'll also prepare and submit pre-application requests, planning applications and appeals, negotiate planning conditions and S106 terms, and work with surveyors, clients, and engineers on permitted development and related planning applications.
Requirements of the role:
- You'll be an experienced, chartered RTPI Town and Country Planner with detailed knowledge of the planning system, associated legislation, procedures, the political framework and national context. You will also have experience in the management and delivering of multi-disciplinary planning projects ideally within the utilities and infrastructure sectors.
- You will have experience of managing small teams, mentoring and training colleagues, and demonstrating your skills as a motivational leader.
- You'll have great written and verbal communication skills, working closely with internal and external stakeholders. You'll be expected to work independently as a technical expert but also as part of a larger team as the team grows.
- You'll be client facing and have a track record of winning and delivering new work. You will be adept at preparing bids and tender submissions and be able to write and prepare fee proposals for the work you undertake and advise others when inputting into larger multi-disciplinary projects. You'll be commercial and understand client needs and requirements when undertaking negotiations with stakeholders.
- You'll be office based but be expected to travel to meetings at client offices and undertake site appraisals, therefore a full driving licence is required.
For more information on this vacancy and other roles in Town Planning, please call Tomi Garland on 01792 365 101 for an informal chat. Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Head of Planning | Oxfordshire | Private Property Consultancy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly