Senior Planning Policy Officer
6 days left
- Contract Type
Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in Hertfordshire in the search for a Senior Policy Officer to join their Policy team in the Town Planning department on an initial 3 month contract.
The main purpose of the role is to play a leading role in all planning policy matters including the preparation of Local Plans / Supplementary Planning Documents. The post holder will be required to deal with a wide range of complex technical work to support the preparation of a new Local Plan as well as shaping and participating effectively in public consultation on emerging policy documents.
Main duties will include:
- Take a leading role in the preparation, monitoring and review of the Council’s Local Plans and Supplementary Planning Documents as set out in the Local Development Scheme and subsequent revisions/updates to that document.
- Carry out, or project manage, research projects to support the development and implementation of planning policy documents in liaison with other officers and any relevant outside organisations. Consider and progress opportunities for partnership working with neighbouring local authorities on technical studies.
- Provide day to day management of any consultants appointed to undertake research projects as part of the evidence base to support the preparation of Local Plans.
- Work with external consultants, where necessary, assist in the carrying out of Sustainability Appraisals and Strategic Environmental Appraisals of emerging policy documents.
- Prepare responses to consultation drafts of National Planning documents, legislation and good practice guidance reporting to Committee as appropriate.
- In respect of development proposals, assist Development Management Officers, including in the preparation of evidence for planning appeals and supporting or giving evidence at public inquiries as necessary.
- Prepare supporting statements and as required, participate in, Local Plan Examinations in Public.
- Take a leading role in other planning and transport-related projects undertaken by the Planning Strategy team including site-specific planning briefs and joint working with Hertfordshire County Council on Local and Urban Transport Plans.
- Prepare and present reports to Committees, Panels and the Executive on a range of matters.
- Support the operation and review of the Council’s Developer Contributions Framework including the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).
Experience in a similar position is necessary, as well as experience of staff management and project management. It would be beneficial to hold a Post-graduate degree in planning, regeneration or a related discipline, and have the eligibility for membership of RTPI.
This contract will last for an initial 3 month period, however, it is likely that this will roll on.
The council are looking for candidates who will be able to hit the ground running and are offering flexible working hours.
Carrington West Pay Rate - £35per/hour
Job Ref - 20587
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West’s dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.
Apply for Senior Planning Policy Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly